Kindergarten Winter “Penguin Rhythms” Ta
This 15 page document allows students to practice icon rhythms ( Snowflake Ta & Penguin Ti-Ti) by projecting the slides on the screen, and then improvise their own rhythm by coloring, cutting, and pasting their rhythm on their own paper. Teachers can use this as an activity and assessment.
Kindergarten Winter Rhythms – an engaging and interactive digital download designed specifically for kindergarteners to learn and practice rhythms using icon notation. This comprehensive rhythm PowerPoint features the fundamental rhythms of ta and ti-ti, using eye-catching icon notation with adorable penguin characters and snowflakes. With colorful screens, a composition worksheet, and printable and cuttable icons, “Penguin Rhythms” is the perfect tool to captivate young learners and foster their rhythmic skills.
- Icon Notation: The PowerPoint incorporates two penguins to represent ti-ti (eighth notes) and a single penguin for ta (quarter note). This visual representation helps students easily grasp the concept of different note values.
- Colorful and Attention-Grabbing Screens: Each rhythm screen is thoughtfully designed to be visually appealing and capture the attention of your early learners. The vibrant colors and charming icons make learning rhythms an enjoyable experience.
- Rhythm Composition Worksheet: The package includes a printable composition worksheet, allowing students to create their own rhythms using the icon notation. This activity encourages creativity and reinforces understanding of rhythm concepts.
- Printable and Cuttable Icons: Students can further enhance their learning by utilizing the printable and cuttable penguin icons. They can arrange and rearrange and color these icons to create unique rhythmic patterns, promoting hands-on engagement and reinforcing musical concepts.
- Independent Work: Kindergarten students can independently create their own rhythms on the rhythm composition worksheet. This promotes self-paced learning and builds confidence.
- Assessment Tool: The rhythm composition worksheet serves as an excellent assessment tool. Students can compose their own rhythms using the penguin icons and then count and perform their composition to the teacher or other students. This provides a valuable opportunity for both assessment and peer evaluation.
- Group Activities: Teachers can organize groups where students work collaboratively to create rhythmic patterns using the printable and cuttable icons. This fosters teamwork, encourages active participation, and promotes musical expression.
*Follow me to be the first to hear about FREEBIES and updates and check out my YouTube channel “The Music Magpie” for more free resources*
I welcome and appreciate any feedback, comments or suggestions.
You may also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vendor InformationVendor: The Music Magpie
Company: The Music Magpie