This or That? Music Sound Game: Man made vs Natural Elementary Music Activity
This game is perfect for helping your young students learn the difference between man made and natural sounds.
Introducing the interactive and engaging “This or That: Man Made or Natural Sound?” PowerPoint presentation, a music game specially designed for pre-K through first-grade students. This educational resource is a fun-filled activity that helps young learners distinguish between man-made and natural sounds, all while developing their musical understanding.
- Teacher Projects Slides: The teacher projects visually stimulating slides on the screen, each featuring a picture of an object.
- Sound Classification: Students are challenged to identify whether the sound produced by the object is man-made or natural.
- Interactive Participation: Based on their choice, students stand on either side of the room – one side for man-made sounds, the other for natural sounds.
- Guided Gameplay: The teacher provides directions, indicating where students should stand for each sound.
- Extensive Slide Collection: The game includes a comprehensive collection of 36 unique slides, showcasing various objects. Students determine if those sounds are man made or natural.
- Educational Value: Through active participation, students develop discrimination skills and gain an understanding of the differences between man-made and natural sounds.
- Flexible Use: This game can be seamlessly incorporated into music classes or used as an engaging activity during substitute teacher periods, ensuring valuable learning even in the absence of the regular teacher.
How the Game Hits Multiple Music Standards:
- Auditory Discrimination: By distinguishing between man-made and natural sounds, students refine their ability to perceive and classify different auditory stimuli, a crucial skill in music.
- Sound Exploration: The game encourages students to explore a wide range of sounds produced by various objects, fostering their curiosity and creativity in discovering the sonic world.
- Music and Movement: Through physical engagement and movement, students connect sound classification with spatial awareness, enhancing their overall musical experience.
*Follow me to be the first to hear about FREEBIES and updates and check out my YouTube channel “The Music Magpie” for more free resources*
I welcome and appreciate any feedback, comments or suggestions.
You may also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vendor InformationVendor: The Music Magpie
Company: The Music Magpie