What are my responsibilities with regards to VAT if I am based in the UK?

When a resource is sold from the Schools Music Market Resources website to a third-party customer, Schools Music Market acts as the seller and applies the appropriate VAT/GST charges to the transaction. We then remit the collected VAT/GST to the relevant Tax Authority.

It is your responsibility to determine whether you need to register for UK VAT concerning your royalty income. Additionally, you are responsible for filing your own VAT returns and making the necessary VAT payments to HMRC.

If you are located in the UK and are VAT registered, it is your duty to issue a tax invoice to Schools Music Market for the royalty income deposited into your bank account. Please inform Schools Music Market if you are already registered for VAT, intend to register, or plan to deregister.

For the most up-to-date information regarding VAT registration, please consult the government-provided resources available here.

Get Weekly Music Tips #

Join 20,000+ Teachers, Senior Leaders & Lecturers #

Music teaching tips direct to your inbox #

We'll only ever send you music tips, as per our Privacy Policy. #

Powered by BetterDocs